you've got questions? i have answers.
while this number does change slightly from year to year, for 2019 we will be accepting 20 mid-west weddings and up to 5 destination weddings/elopements. i focus on quality not quantity, so i do this to ensure that my couples receive the best experience possible without spreading myself too thin.
for sure! i have been shooting weddings for years, and just got married myself last year, so i know the industry well. from your very first meeting with us we are here to help -- from timelines, to vendor recommendations, location options, and more i'm here to make the process as easy for you as possible!
typically for sessions it takes 4 weeks or less, and for weddings it takes 8 weeks or less. it does depend on my travel schedule, how much i shoot, the holidays, etc.
the uploading, backing up, and editing process for each shoot is very extensive to make sure your images are protected and given the care they deserve, so it does take quite a bit of time. i do my best to get them back to you as soon as possible while giving each image the attention it needs.
no, i don't. editing is the special sauce that completes your images, and editing style is usually the reason you chose your photographer in the first place. without that the images are only half done and the magic is missing. i promise to not leave out any photos you might want or need, and if you feel like you are missing one, just ask! i'm always happy to go back and check the archives, i am human after-all.
each session varies in how many images are delivered, but it's usually somewhere around 50-100 images per shooting hour. i promise to deliver plenty of everything we capture together and won't withhold any images to get you to pay more. we are here to tell your story and i promise to capture it fully.
i don't alter the way you look outside of minor skin blemishes and temporary things that normally wouldn't belong (acne, bruises, etc.). i believe in promoting body positivity and self love, but i also know we can be our own worst critics, so if you are especially self-conscious about something please let me know and i'll be sure to be aware of that when shooting.
to secure your date in my calendar i require a 30% retainer and signed contract, and the remaining 70% is due one month prior to your date. we can split the remaining balance due into payments to help make it more affordable if you'd like. i'm happy to work out a payment schedule with you!
don't worry, as soon as you are booked i will send you over our guide of what to wear! i've got you covered.
yes! he's typically either second shooting or shooting video for me, so you will definitely get to meet him. keep an eye out as we work to add on a new division hopefully coming in 2020 of videography packages shot by him!
in the completely unlikely event that this were to happen (due to act of God, illness, death, etc.) i would do my best to find a replacement photographer with a similar style that i trust, though i'm not legally responsible to do so, and your money will be refunded.
while i always encourage embracing the weather (i am from michigan after all, where the weather can hit all 4 seasons in a week), and it does help create beautiful and unique images, if it's harsh enough to make for a miserable time during our shoot or might ruin my gear then we can definitely find a time to reschedule!
currently based out of the fort wayne area of indiana, i serve the entire state and other areas of the mid-west frequently. i was born and raised in michigan so it will always be my first love, and i shoot about half my yearly weddings there. however, i very much love to travel and am often found in other states all across the country, as well as many international destinations. last year alone i visited 10 different states and 2 international locations, so if a destination wedding/elopement/couples session has always been your dream i am always 100% down to join in the fun.
shoot me an email and i'll get you taken care of!